Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hope

Right now my hubby is at a job interview. They will be interviewing at least 60 people for one position. What are the odds that he will get it? We are putting our faith in God that there is something else besides what he has right now. Don't get me wrong. We are very thankful that he has his job, considering he was nearly terminated at one point. Now we would like to get him back to the day shift if at all possible, and this interview is a shred of hope. I, again, took out my hymnal and began singing and reciting hymns and praying. I also couldn't get out of my mind a comment from one of my readers about her husband being unemployed. I know that there are many of you out there and I want to share some hope with you. There is hope. God does answer prayer. Remain faithful to Him, do not give up. He will not give up on you. He will answer your prayers. I want to share with you my favorite hymn of all time. I hope these words will give you hope and strenght to carry on and continue your faith in God. While you are waiting on answered prayers, keep doing God's work and thanking and praising Him.







My Hope Is Built On Nothing Less
Lyrics: Edward Mote 1864
Music: John Stainer 1875


My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteous;
No merit of my own I claim
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.
On Christ, the solid rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.


When darkness veils his lovely face,
I ret on his unchanging grace;
In every high and story gale
My anchor holds within the veil.
On Christ, the solid rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.


His oath, his covenant, his blood
Sustain me in the raging flood;
When all supports are washed away,
He then is all my hope and stay.
On Christ, the solid rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.


When he shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in him be found,
Clothed in his righteousness alone,
Redeemed to stand before the throne!
On Christ, the solid rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.


Hymn # 370 from The Lutheran Hymnal

This is the version I like the most. I think it is just beautiful.





And for those who like the other version, I didn't forget about you.......


No comments:

Post a Comment