Monday, March 8, 2010

Hymnals Online

I was surfing the web the other day, looking for music for a hymn I wanted to sing. The words are beautiful, but I can't read music well enough to sing it correctly. I came upon the most wonderful website! It containes the traditional songs of worship from Lutheran Hymnals presented in midi, in mp3, in lyrics and in sheet music. The site holds six complete Lutheran Hymnals, “The Lutheran Hymnal” in midi, “Hymnal Supplement 98,” “Lutheran Book of Worship” and “With One Voice.” They also have a selection of Bible studies and some theological papers for your consideration. The site's main goal is to encourage and be of some aid in helping the Word of God dwell richly in the hearts of all mankind. Here's the link:    

 The LutheranHymnal.com


What a treasure trove! Now I can sing any hymn I choose from my hymnal. This is such a fantastic find that I have to share it with everyone. Now you can sing along to another of my favorite hymns. The words have really been helping me through the past week. I hope this hymn will help and comfort you too.






"Savior, I Follow On"
by Charles S. Robinson, 1829-1899


1. Savior, I follow on,
Guided by Thee,
Seeing not yet the hand
That leadeth me.
Hushed be my heart and still,
Fear I no further ill,
Only to meet Thy will
My will shall be.


2. Riven the rock for me
Thirst to relieve,
Manna from heaven falls
Fresh every eve.
Never a want severe
Causeth my eye a tear
But Thou dost whisper near,
"Only believe."


3. Often to Marah's brink
Have I been brought;
Shrinking the cup to drink,
Help I have sought;
And with the prayer's ascent
Jesus the branch hath rent,
Quickly relief hath sent,
Sweetening the draught.


4. Savior, I long to walk
Closer with Thee;
Led by Thy guiding hand,
Ever to be
Constantly near Thy side,
Quickened and purified,
Living for Him who died
Freely for me.


Hymn #422
The Lutheran Hymnal
Text: Ex. 15:23
Author: Charles S. Robinson, 1862
Composer: Joseph Barnby, 1892
Tune: "Winterton"

No comments:

Post a Comment